Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Reason of Things: Living with Philosophy by A.C. Grayling

The end of the marking period is fast approaching and I still have not completed my genre requirement of poetry/play. See its difficult for me to find a poetry book that strikes my fancy and perhaps even harder to find a play. I think that plays and poetry are things to be preformed and watched as entertainment, and not so much read. I have though found a few philosophy books that have been really interesting, both of which I picked up on my trip to London last month. The thing that I like about them is that they have similar layouts in that they all first decide on a topic to discuss and then offer short little thoughts or essays analyzing the human condition as pertaining to the topic of that particular section. I have never before seen this kind of writing. I have to say, reading books on philosophy has exposed me to many new ideas that I had before been completely unaware of. Hopefully I'll find a play to read over spring break so that I can complete my genre requirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment