Thursday, January 7, 2010

Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

I began this book over my Christmas break on my cousins recommendation and I have to say that despite her rather negative reviews I have found the book to be very entertaining. One aspect of the book that stikes me is they the authors writing style, the book is told as a character telling the story much like Catcher in the Rye. There is tremedous detail in this book right down to the smallest of sounds and actions of people, this really makes this book worth reading. This book is takes place during the European movement into Africa, the Congo region in particular. I can relate the events of this book to what we learned in Global History class regarding this very topic. There are also other short stories in the book as well as "Heart of Darkness" making this book perfect for fitting my two favorite genre styles, classic and short story. I look forward to getting into the meat of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment